St John’s CE(A) Primary School opened in September 2005 in a new building with extensive grounds and serves the community of Trent Vale, Springfields and Penkhull. We are a Church of England primary school and our Christian ethos is at the heart of everything we do. As a voluntary aided primary school we endeavour to serve the community of Trent Vale. We aim to provide a quality education in a safe, secure and happy environment where all children are valued. We endeavour to achieve high standards in all aspects of school life.
We are a happy and caring school with good home/school links. The school is a two storey building built with many eco features.The new build projects incorporate passive environmental measures providing low maintenance, high quality, energy efficient, naturally lit environments for the pupils and staff.
- ICT Suite
- Pond/Science area
- 3 playgrounds
- 2 FS playground areas
- Sports area
- Sports field
The school has a Early Years Unit, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 classrooms built in a circular design, all on the ground floor.
The atmosphere of the school is quiet and industrious with excellent relationships. It is a very welcoming school. There are many exciting learning opportunities and activities.
We have been awarded:
- Gold Eco award
- Healthy Schools status and Active Mark
- Silver ECO Award
- Stoke Speaks Out Level 4 Communication Friendly Award
- Primary Science Quality Mark Gold Award
- International Schools Intermediate Award
- Level 1 Dyslexia Friendly Award
- 360 Esafety award
- STARS Gold Award
- 3rd September 2019 – School opens to pupils
- All day, 2nd October 2019 – Gladstone Pottery Museum Visit Yr 3/4 D
- All day, 3rd October 2019 – Gladstone Pottery Museum visit Yr 3/4 C
- All day, 4th October 2019 – Gladstone Pottery Museum visit Yr 3/4 J
- All day, 9th October 2019 – Yr 5/6 Chill Factore
- School Closed, 25th October 2019 – Inset day